1/2 to 1 Tbsp. basil
1/2 Tbsp. black pepper
1/2 to 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp. onion powder
salt to taste
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil or canola oil
(measurements for seasonings are really up to the cook . . . the more pepper, the spicier they are . . . that's really all I can tell you)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Scrub potatoes, and cut into about 1-inch chunks. Place in 8x8 baking dish.
3. Add oil and seasonings to potatoes and mix well so that each potato chunk is evenly covered. (Don't add salt until after the potatoes are finished because it will cause your potatoes to stick to the dish.)
4. Place potatoes in the oven, and cook for about 1 hour. Stir up potatoes about half way through cooking time to make sure potatoes aren't sticking and are evenly cooked.
5. Remove potatoes and salt to taste. Potatoes should be just a little golden brown color and crispy!
We have a gas oven, and it often takes longer to cook things than different recipes suggest. So, your potatoes might get done sooner. Keep an eye on them! :)